Subject: Carrera Cobra 275 Mhz
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 1994 16:49:38 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Lightwave users

Lightwave will soon be available on our Carrera Cobra 275.  This will only
serve to further butress this system as an excellent price performance choice
for graphic/ animators.  Here at Carreras Animation Lab we have successfully
linked the Amiga with the COBRA 275 to render IFF files from REAL3D at over
20 times the speed of an Amiga and twice the speed of higher priced MIPS 
platforms.  The reason for this spectacular leap in rendering power is the 
alpha chip itself, with a whopping 290 specFP92.  Also I have successfully
used Playmation from HAsh Inc in native alpha mode and Micrografix Picture 
publisher. to name a few.  This is a tuff deal to beat at $10,000 dollars 
for a Cobra 275, with 2 Meg of Sram write/back cache, 2 PCI slots, 3 ISA,
275 Mhz alpha 21064, 32 Meg of ram, Matrox Impression Plus (24 bit at 1280
x 1024), SCCSI II, Ethernet, 520 Meg harddrive, WNT, keyboard, mouse, case 
and Power supply, CDROM, Floppy drive.  WOW!!   

If you'd like further updates on our animation/graphics technologies in
development here at Carrera, drop a line at [email-masked].

ALEX IMBASTARI
Director Animation Division